Search My Blog

Sunday, June 13, 2010

Week End Wrap Up

Boy it has been a week! Three trips to CVS, Three trips to Wal-mart, Two to target...not to mention Old Navy, Burlington, Ross & Marshall on top of work, the end of another school year. That is why I have not posted in serveral days. Life sure does get busy.

Yes it's that time of year again when you drag your whining, complaining pre-teen to ...da da da da....shop for YOUTH CAMP! The junior clothes are mostly age-inappropriate, not to mention the kids even at 12 are only wanting the low-cut, high butt clothes and I'm sorry but as a responsible parent I just can't allow her to run around like that. We did manage to find her some really cool sneakers, some Bermuda shorts, and a variety of graphic tees and tanks (Thank you Old Navy for your $2.00 Tank Top Sale on Saturday. She was good mostly but tired to say the least and after several days of shopping I think we have her squared away.

I got some cool sales, some sales that didn't pan out, and I learned a few lessons.

When taking sale tips from blog sites out of your immediate area....call the store to verify the price of an item before driving 25 min to check it out yourself. The upside to NOT verifying is that Michelle and I can both quote you the prices of an 8 oz bottle of Oil of Olay Total Effects Body Wash from every store in the Dundee, Haines City, Davenport, Winter Haven area! We can also tell you that Publix is the only store we have found that carries the ever elusive Ivory Body Wash.

P&G 06/05 Coupons for $4.00 off OOOTBD AND Buy the Oil of Olay(OOOTBW) and get a bottle of Ivory Body Wash Free. I have five coupons so this would have made the ten bottles of Body Wash approximately. $10.00 ( A good deal to me).

I got 5 bottles of Dawn Dish Washing Detergent for $.69 at CVS and managed to put together a very nice basket for a High School Graduate with all of those lovely men care products I got for practically nothing at CVS. My stockpile of extra products is growing by the week and hopefully within a few months I will have enough on hand to pass out care packages to people who have fallen on hard times in this economy. I also ordered Non Business Cards to promote this blog site and the couponing group I am trying to get off the ground.

I don't really have any funny stories this week except for the lady at Walmart who thought I was insane for only buying wipes and Rolaids. But hey I paid 1.60 and have enough Rolaids for the free world so who cares!

Signing off for now. I'll be back tomorrow with some great deals for you and don't forget to run out and get your papers today!

No comments:

Post a Comment